Try something like: “Enjoy your weekend, but I want you to know that I will be remembering what this holiday is about.” “Enjoy your weekend, and I will be thinking about those who are no longer with us.” “I will be taking a moment this weekend to honor those who served our nation and are no longer with us.”
- 1 What is the correct greeting for Memorial Day?
- 2 What do you say to a veteran Veterans Day?
- 3 What can I say instead of Happy Veterans Day?
- 4 Is it proper to say Happy Memorial Day?
- 5 Is it OK to say Happy Memorial Day?
- 6 What is the best thing to say to a veteran on Veterans Day?
- 7 What to say instead of thank you for your service?
- 8 What do you write in a card to a veteran?
- 9 What do you say to a veteran besides thank you?
- 10 Do you tell veterans Happy Veterans Day?
- 11 How do you thank veterans on Veterans Day?
- 12 Why we don’t say Happy Memorial Day?
- 13 Do you say thank you for your service on Memorial Day?
- 14 How do you honor Memorial Day?
What is the correct greeting for Memorial Day?
With Memorial Day being a time to remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in service to their country, ‘ Thank you for your service ‘ seems the most appropriate greeting on Memorial or Veterans Day, and only to members of the military.
What do you say to a veteran Veterans Day?
To all veterans of all branches: Thank you for your sacrifice, your bravery, and the example you set for us all. In short, thank you for your service! To all those who have served, and those who continue to serve… Happy Veterans Day!
What can I say instead of Happy Veterans Day?
As opposed to Memorial Day, Veterans Day isn’t a solemn occasion. Because of this, saying “Happy Veterans Day” to a veteran can be used in the same way a greeting like “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Thanksgiving ” is used.
Is it proper to say Happy Memorial Day?
While some consider pairing the word happy with Memorial Day to be inappropriate, others see it as a perfectly acceptable greeting. Despite joy being at the root of the word happy, Thesaurus.com noted that using the word happy could also be a way for a person to express gratitude.
Is it OK to say Happy Memorial Day?
While it’s certainly not “wrong” to wish someone a “Happy Memorial Day,” and it’s safe to assume most people are well-intentioned, it seems as though taking a few minutes to say the right thing will mean that much more. After all, the day is about more than backyard parties and barbecues.
What is the best thing to say to a veteran on Veterans Day?
GRATITUDE: With gratitude for your service to America on Veterans Day and always. Thinking of you on Veterans Day, and thanking you for all you did for our country. Those who live in freedom will always be grateful to those who helped preserve it.
What to say instead of thank you for your service?
What To Say Instead of Thank You For Your Service?
- I appreciate you!
- I am so grateful for having you in my life.
- Thanks for the support.
- Thanks for all you do.
- Thank you always for being there.
- I appreciate your sacrifice so much.
- I’m thankful to you.
- I wanted to thank you for your help.
What do you write in a card to a veteran?
- Thank you for ensuring the freedoms I enjoy every day. Happy Veterans Day!
- Your service will never be forgotten. Happy Veterans Day!
- I am forever grateful for the service you give. Happy Veterans Day!
- I will always appreciate you. Happy Veterans Day!
- Your sacrifice can never be repaid. Happy Veterans Day!
What do you say to a veteran besides thank you?
Here are a few ways to consider doing so.
- ‘You’re my hero. ‘
- ‘I have my freedoms because of you. ‘
- ‘Your service made it possible for all of us to be the country we are today. ‘
- ‘Thinking of you today.
- ‘We miss you at home, but we know you’re giving the ultimate sacrifice.
Do you tell veterans Happy Veterans Day?
Don’t Say ‘Thank You For Your Service ‘ This Monday: NPR. Don’t Say ‘Thank You For Your Service’ This Monday Memorial Day is specifically to honor those who died in military service. One vet says he’d prefer people say, “I hope you’re having a meaningful day.” The holiday’s history dates to the Civil War.
How do you thank veterans on Veterans Day?
Here’s How to Actually Thank Veterans for Their Service
- Write a check.
- Donate your frequent-flyer miles.
- Offer your expertise.
- Bring in a veteran speaker.
- Hire a veteran.
- Hire a military spouse or caregiver.
- Donate pro bono hours.
- Earmark your donations.
Why we don’t say Happy Memorial Day?
Originally deemed “Decoration Day” as a way to recognize the soldiers lost during the Civil War, the day gradually expanded to memorialize all those who have given their lives throughout the long history of war in the US.
Do you say thank you for your service on Memorial Day?
On Memorial Day you can honor the fallen by attending memorial services within your community or laying flowers and planting flags on graves at your local Veterans cemetery. Any day is a good day to support Veterans either through a charity or giving a heartfelt “thank you” to those who served.
How do you honor Memorial Day?
10 Ways to Honor the Fallen Outdoors and at Home on Memorial Day
- Take a Walk Through Your Local Veterans Cemetery.
- Brush Up on Your Memorial Day Knowledge.
- Participate in a Virtual Memorial Day Walk or Running Race.
- Learn About Gold Star Families.
- Investigate Your Family’s Military History.